TikTok becomes the home for football fans in the MENA region this UEFA EURO 2020
- TikTok is the official partner of UEFA EURO 2020 – the first digital entertainment platform to sponsor a major international tournament
- TikTok is bringing a range of exciting features so that creators can recreate, celebrate and amplify the action on the pitch
Riyadh, KSA- June 10, 2021: As part of its partnership with the UEFA EURO 2020, TikTok today is announcing a series of features and events including TikTok Live sessions, AR Filters and Hashtag Challenges, connecting the TikTok community to the game and establishing itself as the home for football fans during the tournament.
Football content has had a meteoric rise on TikTok, with over 700 Million views on the #TikTokFootball hashtag in the region and 129 Billion views on the #football globally. The platform has fast become a home for great football teams, players, and content, with key players in KSA such as Bafétimbi Gomis, Naif Hazazi, Hatan Bahbri and Abdul Fattah Asiri sharing their love of the game. To date, over 30% of top league football clubs in KSA are on the platform including Al Hillal FC and Al Ahli FC and ِAl Shabab FC.
“We are humbled that TikTok is fast becoming a home of fandom for football culture, a place where our community can follow their favourite football creators, create their own moments, reactions and celebrations around games, as well as sharing the best TikTok football content,” said Rami Zeidan, Head of Video and Creative at TikTok.
“We have so much in store for our TikTok MENA community to feel they are part of the game and we are delighted because we know this will make TikTok an even more powerful and creative place to find incredible sporting moments or never-before-seen content, while enabling creators to relive and remix some of the best moments in football.”
As part of TikTok’s partnership with UEFA, creators will be able to make use of a range of exciting features including AR effects, Hashtag Challenges, TikTok LIVEs and Sounds for the community on TikTok to recreate, celebrate and amplify the action on the pitch.
For the love of the game – AR effects for to ignite the football player inside
- Make it a Football Team: With this filter, creators can turn anything into a football team of four including a keeper, center forward, center midfield and wingback. Whether you’re animating your veggies, pets or work supplies, this filter will bring everyone into the action.
- Everything can be a ball: Want to shoot a few balls but don’t have one to hand? No problem, with this filter, creators can brush up on their skills at any time by scanning any object and bouncing it with their feet! With a powerful kick the object will even catch fire, fly to the screen and break it.
- Place the Goal: Creators can bash boredom anytime, anywhere, with this augmented reality filter that turns any space into a goal. Creators can set the goal and size it with their two fingers, before flipping a ball from the bottom of the screen into the net. Cheers, confetti and of course, glory, will follow to celebrate the wins!
Live talk shows – connecting the TikTok community to the players and experts
Starting from June 11 until July 11, Live Talk shows will take place on TikTok throughout the course of the Euro Cup. These sessions will allow users to connect with top sport influencers and celebrities covering topics around game preparations, game reviews, access live chats with players, and a sneak peak on what happens behind the scenes at UEFA!